Re: new CE boxes

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: new CE boxes
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 00:27:43 -0600
In message <199806292050.OAA00665@pencil-box.village.org> "M. Warner Losh"
writes:
: I just was paging through my mobile planet and found two or three CE boxes
that
: were based  eiter on [V]R4111 or on a "MIPS RISC CHIP".  Any idea how hard
: it would be to port Linux to these boxes?

More digging shows that there are "standard" chipsets that go along
with the Vr4111 which interface everything from touch screen to lcd
control to keyboard input (or these features are on the Vr4111 chip
itself).

So the only question that would remain would be how to boot my own
kernel on one of these beasts...

Warner