new CE boxes

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: new CE boxes
From: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@pencil-box.village.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 14:50:03 -0600 (MDT)
I just was paging through my mobile planet and found two or three CE boxes that
were based  eiter on [V]R4111 or on a "MIPS RISK CHIP".  Any idea how hard
it would be to port Linux to these boxes?  Any idea how hard it would be
to prorgam new ROMS?  Are they flash?  I noticed in the same catalog a CE
development embedded C++ compiler for CE that lets you embed you app in the
ROMs of a CE box.  Anybody know if this is a doable thing or not?

Warner

P.S.  My fear is that the answer will be: "Porting to the mips chip will be
easy, but getting it to talk to the devices will be hard.  Also, the ROMs
are really ROM and not flash or eeprom" but I have to ask.