scsi_old_error handler *argh*

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: scsi_old_error handler *argh*
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@mini.gt.owl.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:59:22 +0200
Hi,
i wrote a lot the last days on semaphores etc ...
I figured out that the thing is a topic of the scsi_error_handler.
The NCR53C9x uses the "scsi_obsolete.c" error_handler. At the
moment i cant figure out how the scan_scsis/scan_scsis_single
scsi_do_cmd thing gets woken up within the old_error_handler
from scsi_obsolete.c ... this seems not to work
Can someone point me out this ?

scsi.c: scan_scsis calls ->
scsi.c: scan_scsis_single calls ->
scsi.c: scsi_do_cmd (this one does the down(&sem) calls -> scsi.c:internal_cmnd
        internal_cmnd returns and afterwards scsi_do_cmd down(s)(&sem)

After some while (scsi_add_timer/add_timer works) the timer calls
        scsi_obsolete.c: scsi_old_times_out and this just returns
        without doing any specific ... (for my case) and how
        should the above thread be restarted ? (In a normal case !)

At the moment i am again hopelessly lost ... but it seems i am getting further.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@mini.gt.owl.de              +49-5241-470566