Re: 2.1.99 on DS2100/3100

Subject: Re: 2.1.99 on DS2100/3100
From: Paul Antoine <>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:44:04 +1000

Michael Engel wrote:

> I got the 2100/3100 to boot through to mounting the RAM disk. The
> 2100 didn't like TurboChannel probing too much (it doesn't have any
> TC slots :)).

Funny that... :-)

> Apply the little fix below to drivers/tc/tc.c to skip TC probing on
> the 2100/3100. This might be helpful as I'd like to have a unified
> kernel image that is able to boot on all machines (if this is
> possible at all ...).

I like the idea of a unified kernel image... though this will use more

> Now it seems that the kernel isn't able to read my command line
> arguments, the last line is:
> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
> which should indicate that the kernel didn't get the root=/dev/ram
> cmd line argument I gave ...

...which also happens on my DS5000/20.  But it's weird - I could
swear that the first such kernel I built and booted *did* find the
ramdisk because I got the do_pagefault messages.  Now it won't do that
even after make clean!!