DECstation task force ... :)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: DECstation task force ... :)
From: engel@numerik.math.uni-siegen.de (Michael Engel)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 23:11:01 +0200 (MET DST)
Me once more ...

you may have noticed that I set up a todo list on decstation.unix-ag.org
which lists the tasks that (in Harald's and my opinion) need to be done to
get a working kernel. Additions, corrections etc. are welcome. Any
volunteers please drop me a line on what you'd like to do and I'll keep the
list updated in order to avoid replicated work.

I'm going to hack on the console support for the DZ-based systems now and
try to get an idea how to apply the method used in the Sparc console
driver (which also uses several different graphics and serial console types).

One more thing: should we try to set a date for the DECstation hacking
weekend (DEChack '98 :-)) ? I could try to convince our University to
give us a room, internet connectivity, free coffee :-) etc so we could
easily have the meeting in Siegen ... What about the third or fourth
weekend of July ?

regards,
        Michael Engel   (engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de)