Sony News R3000

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Sony News R3000
From: Martin Sillence <martin@purple.ifb.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 17:24:34 +0200
Hi,

I was wondering what info you have about the Sony news R3000 based machines
and the status of the linux port to it.
I've had a news box for a few months but was unwilling to zap the OS on it
without backing it up. I'm looking at getting a spare drive soon so I should
be able to play.
I have substantial experience on programming under Unix and was playing with
the 0.9* kernels. I would be willing to do some work to port but there remain
three problems... No knowledge of the News hardware, no knowledge of the R3000
instruction set and more importantly limited time.
Anyway any info you can pass on would be appreciated.

Martin - martin@ifb.net
IFB Systems Administrator