interrupts on decstation (was Re: current_SC == penguin within interrupt

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: interrupts on decstation (was Re: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!)
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:06:05 +0200 (MET DST)
On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> I mostly just copied the jazz_esp things and uncommented all
> the vdma things, and got that far :) I think of an irq problem,
> the irq things seem not to be so clear on the decstation.

Depends on how you look at it, from the 5000/xx Hardware Maintenance
Guide: there's a System Interrupt Register and a System Interrupt Mask
Register, SIMR<0> masks SIR<0>, SIMR<1> masks SIR<1> and so on. Quote:
"The mask does not prevent an interrupt from showing up in the SIR; it
merely keeps the CPU from being interrupted. The interrupt mask is set to
0's on power up, masking all interrupts. Software must set to 1 those
interrupts that it wants enabled." pages E-15 and further.

> BTW: This is the second time i have a look at the kernel ... :)

It is my start with hacking...

Regards,

Richard