Re: DECstation kernel problems

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation kernel problems
From: "Paul M. Antoine" <paul@softway.com.au>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 16:50:43 +1000
Hi folks,

It seems I spoke too soon when I said:

> It appears that my problem was a muddled make (I had been trying to
> use Ralf's compiler before switching to the one available on the
> DECstation page) and a 'make clean' fixed things for me.  My
> DECstation kernel now boots as previously advertised by Harald!

...except that it gets as far as:

  [snip]
  TURBOchannel rev. 1 at 12.5Mhz (no parity)
  2 slots, size 64MB
  Got dbe at 800dc1b4.
  Got dbe at 800dc210.
  Got dbe at 800dc1b4.
  Got dbe at 800dc210.
  Starting kswapd v 1.5
  Ramdisk driver initialized : 16 ramdisks of 4096K size
  EXT2-fs warning: checktime reached, running e2fsck is recommended
  VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).

...then nothing!  I don't get any of the messages about freeing memory,
or being unable to open initial console, or any of the page fault
output.  Any ideas Harald?

Regards,
Paul

--
Paul
PO Box 305, Strawberry Hills, NSW 2012, Australia       Tel: +61 2 9698