Re: DECstation: linux-2.1.99 is out!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation: linux-2.1.99 is out!
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 16:21:47 +0200 (MET DST)
Hello Paul,

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Paul M. Antoine wrote:

> ...I have been able to upload the 2.1.99 kernel source (thanks Harald!)
> and to compile it with gcc 2.7.2 and binutils 2.8.1 (thanks Michael!),
> however the output I get is a little different:
>
>   Ramdisk driver initialized : 16 ramdisks of 4096K size
>
> ...then silence!!  So the ramdisk code doesn't seem to detect a valid
> ramdisk image, though it doesn't seem to complain either.
>
> Has anyone got a suggestion?  I will try a make clean and see if that
> helps...

Take a look at http://www.inter.nl.net/users/schnecke/html/mips and
you can find a configuration file and the output the kernel compiled
with this configuration on a maxine gives, that is without an infinite
loop program. One small detail: this is with the 2.1.99 kernel and the
080698 patch. Another detail: in the configuration file there is a line
# CONFIG_DECLANCE, that is my creation with hacking the mips/config.in file,
hoping and working one day it will be used.

Regards,

Richard