Re: Q: Linux-MIPS emulation for x86?

Subject: Re: Q: Linux-MIPS emulation for x86?
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 22:46:34 +0200
On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 01:46:26PM -0500, Jesus Eugenio Sanchez wrote:

> Hi, guys!
>
> I just wanted to ask something I read in the FAQ, but wanted to
> make sure if someone has more recent info.
>
> Where can I find a good MIPS emulator that runs on Linux x86,
> and try Linux-MIPS there? Has anyone had success on this?
>
> Any info, or pointers to info, will be greatly appreciated.

An MIPS simulator which allows _very_ detailed simulation and profiling
is available from the university at Stanford.  It features multiple
MIPS simulators which allow to simulate an entire system with varying
degree of performance and details.  If you manage to port Linux/MIPS to
SimOS, then I'd be very interested because this should make it possible
to analyse bugs and performance in the MIPS kernel with a yet unreached
precission.  Tell me if you need help with this.