Linux for DECstation

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Linux for DECstation
From: Eduardo Kraemer Goes <kraemer@dcc.ufmg.br>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 11:18:11 -0300 (EST)
        Hello, people at linux-mips@fnet.fr;

        I'm a junior system/network administrator here at the Computer
Science Department of the Federal University of Minas Gerais.

        I have just come to your home page about Linux for DEC, and we
have here, in the department 4 old DECstation's 5000/125. We are running a
ULTRIX V4.3 (Rev. 44), but no user is capable of working with this system.
As we are more experienced with Linux, we are thinking about changing it
to Linux, but we just can't find sources and informations about it. Do you
have something to share with me, like: Where can I find the kernel,
documentation, instalation notes...

        Thanks In Advance;
        Kraemer

Eduardo Kraemer Goes     <kraemer@dcc.ufmg.br/kraemer@inet.com.br>
CRC/DCC/UFMG - PoP-MG    <http://www.inet.com.br/~kraemer/>
Network/System Administrator
    "It's the end of the world, as we know it (And I feel fine!)"
                                                    R.E.M.
    "And in the end; the love you take is equal to the love you make"
                                                    The Beatles