Re: Hi, Linux on DECsystem 5100

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Hi, Linux on DECsystem 5100
From: engel@numerik.math.uni-siegen.de (Michael Engel)
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 08:39:56 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

>       Heck, I have looked most everywhere & the maintained page .
> IE:   http://lena.fnet.fr/  the Mips-FAQ page.
>
>       The pointer to the Dec-Mips page is -gone- on the other end.

I _think_ I sent mail to the maintainer of the fnet web pages and asked
him to update the link, but I didn't check it :-( ...  Please use
http://decstation.unix-ag.org

>       But down below is a pointer to an ftp-site that is still
>       there, but it is at best a year old .  This contains
>       bootable (probably -very- alpha-test) images for dec-mips.
>       Which I have not tried out.

This is unfortunately all you can get by now  - the kernel is still in
highly experimental stages ...

> PS:   Anyone know where Paul M. Antoine, Who used to be
>       @ www.softway.com.au   went ?

He still is supposed to be at softway, but I didn't hear from him in the
last few months. I'm afraid he's just very busy ...

>       Or failing that Who may be the present linux-decmips
>       maintainer ?

Well, noone is really elected to be the maintainer. I'm maintaining the
web pages but have had a severe lack of time in the last two or three
months. This is getting better now, though :) ! There are only a few people
working on the port at the moment, most notably Harald Koerfgen who managed
to get the kernel revision up to 2.1.73 and boot into single-user root
shell from a ram disk, IIRC.

regards,
        Michael Engel   (engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de)