Re: Hi, Linux on DECsystem 5100

To: linux mips mail-list <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: Re: Hi, Linux on DECsystem 5100
From: "Mr. James W. Laferriere" <babydr@nwrain.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 23:14:42 -0700 (PDT)
        Hello Adam,

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Adam Fritzler wrote:
> >     Or failing that Who may be the present linux-decmips
> >     maintainer ?
> See http://decstation.unix-ag.org
        Cool, I'll do that...

> > |-> Linux-Vax Port, Now in Progress  !YAY! there's Progress To Report <-|
        Well when I first started the below .sig
        'there was no progress at all'  I was the second person (that I
        know of) to mention that I was trying to get the then freshly
        released linux-2.0.3 (not 2.0.3x) to compile after stealing the
        BSD sources to see how that camp had gotten by a few very well
        known gotcha's .  Then the gent's below dropped a line that they
        had begun an attempt to port stuff to the Mvax-II .... Well I've
        since dropped the ball.
                                Tnx Again, JimL
|   James W. Laferriere  -  Network    Engineer  -  babydr@nwrain.net   |
|    System Techniques   -   25416  -  22nd S.   -   Kent, WA  98032    |
|      Give me VMS     -or-    Give me Linux   -but-   only on AXP      |
|-> Linux-Vax Port, Now in Progress  !YAY! there's Progress To Report <-|
|-> Please See http://ucnet.canberra.edu.au/~mikal/vaxlinux/home.html <-|
|-> Maintainer:   Michael Still mikal@blitzen.canberra.edu.au         <-|