Re: Hi, Linux on DECsystem 5100

To: Radim HABALA <hab21um@axpsu.fpf.slu.cz>
Subject: Re: Hi, Linux on DECsystem 5100
From: "Mr. James W. Laferriere" <babydr@nwrain.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 20:17:04 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux mips mail-list <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
        Hello Radim,

        Heck, I have looked most everywhere & the maintained page .
IE:     http://lena.fnet.fr/  the Mips-FAQ page.

        The pointer to the Dec-Mips page is -gone- on the other end.
        But down below is a pointer to an ftp-site that is still
        there, but it is at best a year old .  This contains
        bootable (probably -very- alpha-test) images for dec-mips.
        Which I have not tried out.

PS:     Anyone know where Paul M. Antoine, Who used to be
        @ www.softway.com.au   went ?
        Or failing that Who may be the present linux-decmips
        maintainer ?

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Radim HABALA wrote:
> Hi,
> is it possible to run linux on DECsystem 5100 ? I have this, and when I
> saw to linux kernel configurations, I didn't find any support.
>
> Linux supports MIPS, but I saw only support for VAX, and I was unable to
> find an support for DECsystem5100's SCSI and Ethernet adapters...
>
> Any ideas, links, etc?
                                JimL
|   James W. Laferriere  -  Network    Engineer  -  babydr@nwrain.net   |
|    System Techniques   -   25416  -  22nd S.   -   Kent, WA  98032    |
|      Give me VMS     -or-    Give me Linux   -but-   only on AXP      |
|-> Linux-Vax Port, Now in Progress  !YAY! there's Progress To Report <-|
|-> Please See http://ucnet.canberra.edu.au/~mikal/vaxlinux/home.html <-|
|-> Maintainer:   Michael Still mikal@blitzen.canberra.edu.au         <-|