Re: NetPower Series 100

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: NetPower Series 100
From: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 21:18:08 -0600
In message <000701bd81d7$cf24f760$7b400ecf@cyberdyne.technodada.com> "Donovan
Arellano" writes:
: I have a netpower series 100, I think its is a Acer PICA-61 (R4400, 134/150
: MHz CPU clock, up to 2 MB L2 cache, on-board video, SCSI, Ethernet and
: serial/parallel I/O plus 5 free ISA slots) or it is possible that it is a
: Deskstation rPC44 (R4400 100 MHz CPU clock, up to 2 MB L2 cache, 5 free EISA
: slots). I am not shure because it has an r4400 100 MHz CPU, onboard s-3
: video, scsi, Ethernet, and serial/parallel io. Anyway, I was able to get
: your Milo to work, and was interested in the next step that I need to do to
: get linux on my system.

This isn't a DeskStation rPC44.  It doesn't have an on-board S2, scsi,
ethrenet.  It does have an onboard ide, fd, parallel and serial ports
(but they are disabled by default and I've not tried to enable them).

This machine sounds like a MIPS Magnum or Jazz.

Warner