Re: linux on PERSONAL DECstation5000/33

To: harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de
Subject: Re: linux on PERSONAL DECstation5000/33
From: Kristoff Bonne <kristoff.bonne@belbone.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 11:52:53 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Gegroet,

> Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 16:29:07 +0200
> From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
> To: Kristoff Bonne <kristoff.bonne@belbone.net>
> Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr, harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de
> Subject: Re: linux on PERSONAL DECstation5000/33

>> I've read things about the 'milo' in this list. (Or am I mixing-up some
>> things!)
> Milo is the boot loader for the ARC firmware.  You don't need it
> for a DECstation.

Don't we need to 'prepare' the disk (a RZ25 in my case) using a
'disklabel'-command?

It has been configured by NetBSDs 'disklabel' with the 'bootrz' and
'rzboot'-files. Is it possible these 'programs' don't recognize the
linux-kernel
and hence refuses to boot it?

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
--
Bonne Kristoff                              belgacom multimedia
(C=BE,A=RTT,P=RTTIPC,S=BONNE,G=Kristoff)    operations belbone