Re: EGCS on MIPS

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: EGCS on MIPS
From: Richard Ingram <rji@bristol.st.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 11:39:46 +0100
On Apr 4, 12:05pm, ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> As I understand the problems people
> have with these compilers on their Linux/i386 machines are only mostly
> caused by the Intel backend?
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Ralf

We have been unable to get a working version of our C compiler and wrapper
(st20icc, st20cc) built with 2.8.x on Sparc, the st20icc compiler core dumps
and the wrapper looses options. It executes OK with 2.7.2 binaries and
builds/executes on the PC with VC++.

Just to let you know it is not all x86 problems. Our build admin guy is looking
to see what the bug list is for 2.8.x to see if this could explain our strange
problems.

Regards,

Richard.

Micro Development Tools, STMicroelectronics, speaking for myself.