Re: Compiling a cross-development env. for DECstations

To: Melissa Johnson <mjhnsn@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Compiling a cross-development env. for DECstations
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 17:56:19 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Mon, Mar 30, 1998 at 11:16:22PM -0800, Melissa Johnson wrote:

> I'm also having trouble configuring binutils/gcc, and I'm the type of
> person who'd like to know how to do something, not just have the tools
> available to do it.
> There is/was a text file which described how to crosscompile using old
> patches and old versions.  If this could be updated to the most recent
> versions, I would find it even more useful than fully configured
> installable "click-on-the-start-button" utilities. :)

Ok.  You're my kinda person :-)

The first question is the usual - have your read the webpages about
how to brew a crosscompiler on http://www.linux.sgi.com?  If so and you
were following them exactly (just change all references to mips-linux to
mipsel-linux because you want to build for a little endian target.),
what were the problems?