Re: Compiling a cross-development env. for DECstations

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Compiling a cross-development env. for DECstations
From: Melissa Johnson <mjhnsn@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 23:16:22 -0800 (PST)
Cc: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998 ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 1998 at 10:54:18AM +0200, Houten K.H.C. van (Karel) wrote:
> > Can someone please help me with the configuration of binutils and gcc
> > for the DECstation targets, running on intel linux. I want to compile
[snip]
> I'm going to upload rpms of uptodate binaries so just ``rpm --install''
> will do the job for people with Intel machines.

I'm also having trouble configuring binutils/gcc, and I'm the type of
person who'd like to know how to do something, not just have the tools
available to do it.
There is/was a text file which described how to crosscompile using old
patches and old versions.  If this could be updated to the most recent
versions, I would find it even more useful than fully configured
installable "click-on-the-start-button" utilities. :)

thanks,
 - Michael