Re: FYI

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: FYI
From: Harald Koerfgen <hkoerfg1@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 09:41:56 +0100
Hi all,

ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:

> > RAMDISK: Ext2 filesystem found at block 0
> > RAMDISK: Loading 100 blocks into ram disk... done.
> > EXT2-fs warning: checktime reached, running e2fsck is recommended
>
> RTC support borken?

Thanks for the hint, Ralf, but I'm afraid the RTC is working well. I
simply forgot to take care of the fact that the DEC engineers in their
infinite wisdom decided to use the Dallas clock chip as a TOY (Time Of
Year) clock. The year register contains either 70 or 71 and putting
other values in there will result in a self test failure at power up,
and the register will be reset to 70 or 71. In this particular case the
kernel mounts a file system which will be created 27 years in the
future. If I were the kernel, I'd be confused as well :-).

> > VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
> > Warning: unable to open an initial console.
> > Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.
>
> Nice job!
>
> The next step on is probably putting something executable on the filesystem.
> Check out the "Hello, world" program on FNet.  It's written in assembler,
> so you don't have to deal with libraries etc.

Sounds good, I'll try that asap.

Harald