status linux/MIPS for dec/pmax

Subject: status linux/MIPS for dec/pmax
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 14:35:30 +0100 (MET)
Sender: Kristoff BONNE <>

At work, I have a number of 'old' decstation 5000/33 I can use.
For the moment, they run NetBSD/pmax or OpenBSD/pmax, but I would
like to give linux a try on (at least) one of them.
I've notifed that thereis some 'dec-station' stuff in the latest
2.1 kernels, but not much documentation.

Can somebody tell me the 'status' of linux on dec/pmax, and how
to install it on them.
(Acrording the (more general) linux/MIPS FAQ, is there a web-page
on linux-on-decstation on a site in Australia, but appears to be

Any help welcome, and
Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
Kr. Bonne - Bredene BEL
Member of the linux/GNU-community.