Re: Is Magnum 4000 supported?

To: Tatsuya Nakamura <tatsuya@na.kubota.co.jp>
Subject: Re: Is Magnum 4000 supported?
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 00:47:50 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu, linux@engr.sgi.com
On Wed, Feb 18, 1998 at 09:57:00AM +0900, Tatsuya Nakamura wrote:

> I try to use of Linux/MIPS on MIPS Magnum 4000 system.
>
> I tried some versions kernel, and some configuration.
>
> But, 2.1.XX kernel didn't show some message to console.
> The 2.0.21 kernel could show message to console, but it didn't work
> fine.
>
> 2.0.21 kernel stopped after ethernet information displaing,
> and appear this message:
>
> Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000004, epc ==
> ffffffff8005ac5c
>
> MIPS Magnum 4000 system does not tested?

The development is actually being done by somebody who's using an OEM
version of the Magnum 4000, the Olivetti M700-10.  But that machine is
99.9% identical.

Question: do you know if you have a Magnum 4000SC?  The SC CPU version is
quite a bit faster but the support for it is broken in the kernels you've
tested.

What resolution is you machine running at?  Milo and the kernel only support
the lowres mode (1024 x 768).