Re: SORRY !! NT here uhh

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: SORRY !! NT here uhh
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 15:49:37 +0100
On Tue, Feb 10, 1998 at 11:06:07PM +0100, Morten Helgesen wrote:

> Hi ther guys.
> I know this ain't the right place to ask such a question but as long as it is
> related to the MIPS famely I still try.   oops .....
> I have an SNI RM200C and really need to install Windown NT on it BUT Siemens
> Nixdorf don't wanna help me so can any-one of you guys help me ( I know that
> win NT sucs but I need it for my study ).

Call the guys in Munich and do "while true; do nervrag; done" ...

> I know it is possible to use RM200C to install Win NT 4.0 but just don't know
> where to start, please help me goin'

You will have to talk to them.  An NT installation media isn't sufficient.
Most probably you'll also need additional floppies containing the HAL etc.

> What happens to the comercial "thing" with MIPS Linux, is it availiable on a
> CD-pack, NOW ??

The commercial thing isn't intended as a Linux distribution in the sense
as RedHat et al. are offering.  It's a small, inexpensive and easy to
operate workgroup server.