Can I help?

To: "'linux-mips@fnet.fr'" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: Can I help?
From: Jeremy Smith <frob@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 19:05:24 -0500
I have a DECStation 5000/240 w/ a PMAG-D graphics board (3D no Z-Buffer - i860
co-processor on board). I'm looking into upgrading it to a 5000/260 if I ever
do anything with it. Right now the only OS I can find for it other than Ultrix
( -- spew -- ) is BSD (several flavors). I would be terribly interested in
helping out in the testing of Linux for this box. At this point it has become a
paper weight. I am not a skilled coder at all but I'm a very experienced beta
tester of operating systems and I work with coders everyday so I can speak the
language. I guess what I am saying is that if you need someone to test I'm your
man. Let me know if there's anything I can do. I appreciate any opportunity to
contribute.

Thanks,

Jeremy Smith
                              Home: (919)859-5690
System Administrator
                               Work: (919)767-6530
Bell+Howell MPS, Durham, North Carolina

"Egotism is the anesthetic given to relieve the pain of being a damned fool"