Re: yet another DECstation kernel

Subject: Re: yet another DECstation kernel
From: Stuart Auchterlonie <>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 08:56:58 +1100

        I've been testing out these kernels as they pop out and I
must say it's good to see something happening again.

Now onto the problem I have.
Testing is on a Personal 5000/20 btw.

With Paul's 2.1.14 (from whenever he last released it) when the
system boot goes through the console detection phase I get.

-Registering Console.
-Got the following for the osconsole env variable: 3,3

and the system merrily continues on till it runs out of things that
have been written.

With the lastest test kernel (and the previous one) I get

-Got the following for the console env. variable: 1

And then complains it doesn't know what it should talk to and
I see no further messages.

So what got changed in the console detection between paul's latest and
the most recent version ???

Stuart Auchterlonie