Re: 2100 boot results w/ 2.1.14.test4

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: 2100 boot results w/ 2.1.14.test4
From: Frieder Streffer <frist@lehr.chem.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 10:46:23 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Michael Engel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Found a PMAX/MIPS compatible boot PROM!
> > [SNIP]
> > Linux version 2.1.14 (paul@slither) (gcc version 2.6.3) #329 Sun May 18
> > 17:17:03 EST 1997
> >
> > Excptn:             <vtr=UTLBM>
> > Excptn pc:  0x0
> [...]
>
> Same result here on my 2100... as expected. The 2100 freaks out during the
> memory sizing when unavailable memory is accessed.
>
> regards,
>       Michael Engel   (engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de)

Hi All,
there were some  Problem problems in the SAVE_ALL and RESTORE_ALL macros,
but they are solved an the kernel boots as far as for the other DECstation
"Unfortunately" I'm in Englend at present, so I can send a patch not
befor next week.
The patch will also include a rudimentary console driver, so console_init
has not to be skipped any longer

regards
  Frieder