Re: problem with the linux-mips webpage

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: problem with the linux-mips webpage
From: engel@numerik.math.uni-siegen.de (Michael Engel)
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 10:07:54 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

Paul wrote:

> It all looks really good in the new format!

Thanks ...

> It would be nice if your
> copyright notice at the bottom of the page acknowledged my original
> source (only where it's used).

I think of this copyright only as preliminary, perhaps we should arrange
s.th. like "Copyright by the DECstation Linux porting project" or similar ...
I don't really _have_ to own the copyright on these pages ...  Any ideas ?

> > We have lots ;-) of www/ftp space available and a sufficiently fast net
> > connection (20 MBit).
>
> Cool!  Are you happy to continue to keep the web pages up to date?

Yep, I am !

> Sounds like we're going to have some good progress over the next few
> months, if Harald keeps this up!

More good things to come ... Harald and I have started working on a Turbo
Channel probing routine; I started with the Lance driver last night and
am trying to get the kernel running on the DS5000/200 and 2100/3100.

> <looks wistfully skyward, as if daydreaming>
>
> ...one day I'll get some free time to do some more hacking...
>
> <daydream mode off>

Well, I'm in the lucky situation of having some DECstations at home and
(finally) one 5000/200 dedicated for Linux hacking at university ... so I
can spend most of my spare time on hacking. Now, if I only had more spare
time instead of having to install a Windows NT PeeCee :-(.

regards,
        Michael Engel   (engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de)