Linux on a DEC 5000. . .

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Linux on a DEC 5000. . .
From: Martin Hebrank <heller@nacs.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 18:35:23 -0500
Hi,
I've got a couple DEC station 5000/120s. I've got one happily
running Ultrix on a 2G drive, it's purpose will be to server
named/sendmail/etc for my little lan. That means I've got another
DEC Station sitting around doing nothing and since it currently
needs some work anyway I decided to volunteer it for testing of
kernels and the like.

I unfortunately don't have the time to do much kernel hacking, I
definately have the time to help test the kernel. I was wondering if
you guys needed any kernel testers for the 5000/120. The only
problem is that I really am quite new to the DEC station as I
obtained these used for a good price recently. This means I might
need to be talked through certain things, but I am actually looking
forward to learning more about it.

I have many years worth of experience running and administering
Linux. I have a couple of other linux boxes (and a NeXT Station Turbo)
sitting around serving various things. If you decide you can use me
and my machine, please feel free to email me. . .

** Martin

--
http://www.nacs.net/~heller/funny  -- check it out!

THE ONLY REASON YOU'RE STILL ALIVE IS BECAUSE SOMEONE
HAS DECIDED TO LET YOU LIVE  -- KMFDM, Dogma