Re: Latest 2.1.14 sources ???

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Latest 2.1.14 sources ???
From: engel@numerik.math.uni-siegen.de (Michael Engel)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 18:15:56 +0100 (MET)
> Did you run objcopy and strip out the unneeded information from the kernel
> image?  i.e.:
>
> mipsel-linux-objcopy --remove-section=.reginfo --remove-section=.mdebug \
>       --remove-section=.fixup --remove-section=__ex_tab dec_vmlinux

Well, this works at least .... sorry, Ralf ;-)

> For me at least, this takes a kernel image which is about 1.5 meg and reduces
> it to a little under a meg.  The resulting image also boots, at least to some
> extent!

The DS5000/200 hangs after displaying the D-Cache size, the 2100 crashes
immediately after printing "Linux version 2.1.14 ...". But the d*mn thing
boots at least ! I will try to build an ELF kernel and run it through
elf2ecoff tonight ...

regards,
        Michael Engel   (engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de)