RE: DECstation porters unite !

To: (Michael Engel) <engel@numerik.math.uni-siegen.de>
Subject: RE: DECstation porters unite !
From: Amit Margalit <amitm@amitpc.iso.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 13:55:49 +0200 (IST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: amitm@amitpc.iso.dec.com
Hello!

On 18-Jan-98 Michael Engel wrote:
> Probably it is also a good idea to make a list of the hardware that is
> available for testing kernels.
> I have a DS2100, a 5000/25, a 5000/120 and a 5000/200 and can get
> access to 5000/33's, 3100's and 5000/240's at University.

I have a DECstation 5000/150 (That's R4000 at 50MHz). Still TC, though. I'd
be glad to test kernels, but at present, I cannot do any hacking. I am a
Physics major and this is taking up approx. 120% of my time. Add my work
and the fact that I live in a rented apt by myself... you get the point.
And I haven't even mentioned the time I must spend with my girlfriend if I
want to keep her ;-)

> I would personally also like to support the first-generation TurboChannel
> AXP machines (3000/[34567]00) as the Alpha developers don't seem to be
> interested in these ... but I still don't have such a machine :-(.

Well, since the prices of these haven't dropped by too much yet, this is
not yet an attractive system for people who want a cheap Alpha. But this
will change in time.

        Amit

#include <Legal/std_disclaim.h>
When was the last time you saw a room of people cheer a group
of computer science theorists for their significant practical
contribution to advancing human knowledge?