Latest 2.1.14 sources ???

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Latest 2.1.14 sources ???
From: engel@numerik.math.uni-siegen.de (Michael Engel)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 21:26:54 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

does anyone have the latest sources for the 2.1.14 kernel ? I didn't
succeed in getting the kernel compiled from linux-2.1.14.2.dec.tar.gz
to work at all. They all crash immediately after loading without any
reason ...

The kernel test images, however, work - as well as self-compiled 2.1.1
kernels. My development environment here uses the mipsel-linux files
from ftp.fnet.fr (gcc-2.7.2, as-2.7, ld-2.7) whereas Paul had compiled
his test kernels with gcc-2.6.3. Might that be the problem ?

I also noticed that kernels compiled and linked with the 2.7-based utils
are _much_ bigger than the test kernels (>2 MB compared to ca. 800kB), so
I suspect it to be a compiler/linker problem.

regards,
        Michael Engel   (engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de)