Re: My NEC VR4000's

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: My NEC VR4000's
From: engel@numerik.math.uni-siegen.de (Michael Engel)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 12:00:24 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> Well, the systems are manufactored by Control Data Systems, "indigo systems"
> .... Running Irix....

Well, that simply are relabeled SGI R4000 Indigos ...

[...]
> video board also has a socket labled 3D Headset.....    The lady that's in
> charge of the military reutilization program said it was purchased for 38,000
> three years ago.    They have two more... I think I will obtain them both...
> Does this sound like a good idea to you?

Get them if you can ;-).

> By the way... What are my options as far as OS's go?

You can run SGI Irix from 4.05 on. The current version (6.2 ?) should run
on the R4000 Indigos. Perhaps Ralf knows how close the R4000 Indigos are
related to the R4x00 Indys - which are supported by Linux ... at least
some models.

regards,
        Michael Engel   (engel@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de)