Re: My NEC VR4000's

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: My NEC VR4000's
From: David Hinkle <drachen@netexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 21:09:46 -0600
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Well, the systems are manufactored by Control Data Systems, "indigo systems"
.... Running Irix....  But I've not had much experience with mips systems so I
just don't know what to look for to tell what they are.    It has two primary
boards.... I video board and a Cpu board.... The cpu has the one VR4000 and
three other chips underneath it that look about the size of a Pentium 2....
But I couldn't read the designations without taking it apart.    The video
board has at least one of the same types of 'supporting' chips as well... The
video board also has a socket labled 3D Headset.....    The lady that's in
charge of the military reutilization program said it was purchased for 38,000
three years ago.    They have two more... I think I will obtain them both...
Does this sound like a good idea to you?    By the way... What are my options
as far as OS's go?

                                                    Drachs