Re: gcc -shared ... -lc ?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: gcc -shared ... -lc ?
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 06:31:47 +0100
Cc: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Tue, Jan 06, 1998 at 12:08:38AM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > This is a binutils 2.7 bug.  Upgrading to 2.8.1 solves the problem.
> >
> > this is with binutils-2.8.1
>
> Oh good its not me seeing things. Ralf - could there be two sets of your
> binutils-2.8.1 one working one not and could you maybe post MD5 hashes
> of your binaries you know work ?

Right now I suspect a packaging problem because for me everything is working
fine.  Maybe one of you could verify that it's actually the ld from binutils
2.8.1 that is installed on your systems rsp. contained in the packages you've
used to install?  Check the output of ``ld -v''.

I'll post the MD5 sums later when I return home.