Re: Magnum 4000.

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Magnum 4000.
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 18:35:47 +0100
Cc: tatsuya@na.kubota.co.jp
> Does anyone use the Linux/MIPS on Magnum 4000 ?

I'm using it on a Olivetti M700, which is very simliar to a Magnum 4000.

> Please tell me the status of supporting Magnum 4000 and stable kernel
> version.

Right now I'm compling redhat 5.0 binaries and the kernel I'm using
is quite stable (I've found a problem with the console this morning,
but working via a network connection is ok). You can find the kernel
sources, which I'm using in the following place:

ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/test/linux-magnum-971229.tar.gz

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)