RC5-64 client for Linux/MIPS

Subject: RC5-64 client for Linux/MIPS
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 10:43:34 +0100
Recently, on a MIPS box a couple of ms away ...

[root@tbird rc5]# ./rc564 -benchmark

RC5-64 v2.6401 client - a project of
Copyright 1997
Visit for more information. 'rc564 HELP' for usage

Benchmarking with 10000000 tests:
Complete in 88.86 seconds. [112532.37 keys/sec]
[root@tbird rc5]# uname -a
Linux 2.1.56 #204 Wed Nov 26 23:21:24 PST 1997 mips unknown
[root@tbird rc5]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu                     : MIPS
cpu model               : R4600 V2.0
system type             : SNI RM200 PCI
BogoMIPS                : 133.12
byteorder               : little endian
unaligned accesses      : 48
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : yes
extra interrupt vector  : no
hardware watchpoint     : no
[root@tbird rc5]#

How about joining the RC5-64 effort as "Team MIPS"?  I'll build binary
packages and will make them available via the usual ftp sites (, as well as via

I didn't take myself the time for comparing the benchmarks with other
machine but I think the numbers leave whishes about higher performance

Btw, the RC5 client for MIPS was delayed alot by the recently reported
libg++ showstopper bug.  I haven't fixed the problem yet for real but
once again it smells like a dynamic linker bug.  I was able to work
around by a static (yuck) executable.

Ok, and now it's up to you people to burn your cycles.

  Ralf  (... gimme all your CPU ...)