Re: Announce: New uploads

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Announce: New uploads
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 01:28:54 +0100
On Thu, Dec 11, 1997 at 10:23:18AM -0500, Ryan wrote:

> One thing that seems to be missing is an RPM system in tarball format.
> This will be necessary as a bootstrap to get the other RPMS onto a system.
> Of course, I can just cross-compile the package from my Linux/intel box.

You could, but the native stuff is now running pretty good.  The number
of packages that are somehow showing pathological sympthoms is rapidly
decreasing and I already have about 150mb of Redhat 5 compiled.

The solution for your problem is easy, just use rpm2cpio to convert the
archive to cpio format like this:

  cd <nfs-root-of-your-mips-box>
  rpm2cpio <some-path>/rpm-<some-version>.mips.rpm> | cpio -i

That's it.