Re: RM400

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: RM400
From: Marko Engelmann <ema@fh-zwickau.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:02:04 +0100 (MET)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Tue, 9 Dec 1997 ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:

>> i'm able to get an RM400 with 128 MB RAM and 4GB HD. Is
>> there just a posibility get Linux/MIPS running on this mashine ?
>
>Linux is running very stable but yet without support for the onboard NCR
>on RM200/RM300.  The technical documentation I received from SNI doesn't

Ok, i will have a look at the mashine.  Next year, i will spend some
sparetime to test the current state of your work....

>on RM200/RM300.  If that machine you're using is equiped with multiple
>processors - we don't support SMP.

No. There is only one R4400SC.

>Choose your poison: Sinix, BS2000 and NT.

Don't know. Is Sinix such as bad ??

Marko

PS: Do you get "real" support from SNI ??

      Marko Engelmann , student of computer science, wh-zwickau (FH)
      eMail: ema@fh-zwickau.de  WWW  : http://www.fh-zwickau.de/~ema
                 ALERT: coffee not found : operator halted