Re: RM400

To: Marko Engelmann <ema@fh-zwickau.de>
Subject: Re: RM400
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 21:08:24 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Tue, Dec 09, 1997 at 07:55:35PM +0100, Marko Engelmann wrote:

> i'm able to get an RM400 with 128 MB RAM and 4GB HD. Is
> there just a posibility get Linux/MIPS running on this mashine ?

Linux is running very stable but yet without support for the onboard NCR
on RM200/RM300.  The technical documentation I received from SNI doesn't
say a word about the bigger family members, but I suspect there is a
chance,  I think the only difference is the MP agent which doesn't exist
on RM200/RM300.  If that machine you're using is equiped with multiple
processors - we don't support SMP.

> Or are there other OS'es which a can use until then ?

Choose your poison: Sinix, BS2000 and NT.

> I'll have to pay for it (about 2000 $), therefore
> i will only buy them, if i know, that there is a real chance
> to get them worked (no SINIX, please ;-))

*grin*