Re: Need help with my RM200c

To: Ralf Baechle <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: Re: Need help with my RM200c
From: Morten Helgesen <morten@powertech.no>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 21:13:08 +0100
On 30-Nov-97, Ralf Baechle wrote:
>On Mon, Dec 01, 1997 at 01:40:07AM +0100, Morten Helgesen wrote:

>> When I bought the system there were no docs or hard disk in the case.
>> I have just now bought an 9.1 gig HD and are eagerly waiting to get my
>system
>> up'n running. x

>If you have installed the little endian firmware then you can choose
>"install Windooze NT" from the boot menu.  The big endian firmware
>obviously doesn't have this feature, it should tell something about Sinix,
>SNI's UNIX.

>In order to run Linux you must have the little endian firmware installed.
>Also you must have two extra floppies with the HAL and driver in order to
>install NT; the NT CD is not sufficient.

>This is Penguin from Borg, you will be assimilated ;-)

>  Ralf
--------------------------------

Hi, and thanks.

I guess my system is configured with the big endian but what ,
I will switch my system off and connect to
my rm200 and check out what messages i get.
Hi i'm back.

Heres what i get:

SNI Monitor Version 5.0207
Monoprosessor System
ASIC PCI Revision 1
Memory........
bla bla bla bla bla....

xxxx power-on diagnostics result:
         0x100 <IDPROM>

xxxx problems on 0x100 <Motherboard>

press any key to continue

RM 200 Firmware Version 5.0207

Sinix boot (auto)
stand-alone shell boot (bootl)
standard installation (install)
tape installation (tinstall)
remote installation (rinstall)
firmware update (update)
remote firmware (rupdate)
switch to nt firmware (sinix_to_nt)
enviroment modification
prom monitor

What can i do to format and configure the hard disk so i can install NT on it.
Where can i get the little endian software, help.. !!!!

I have no idea where to start..

thanx :-)

mortenh@powertech.no