Re: Need help with my RM200c

To: Morten Helgesen <morten@powertech.no>
Subject: Re: Need help with my RM200c
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 03:08:59 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Mon, Dec 01, 1997 at 01:40:07AM +0100, Morten Helgesen wrote:

> When I bought the system there were no docs or hard disk in the case.
> I have just now bought an 9.1 gig HD and are eagerly waiting to get my system
> up'n running. Whatts the proceedings when I want to install Win NT on my
> hard disk ? I have the Win NT cd-rom inserted and type "boot cdrom" but as
> there's no valid filesystem on my hard disk it keeps telling me it can't read
> the current fs. How do I overcome this ? I have also tried to "boot floppy"
> but with the same result.

If you have installed the little endian firmware then you can choose
"install Windooze NT" from the boot menu.  The big endian firmware
obviously doesn't have this feature, it should tell something about Sinix,
SNI's UNIX.

In order to run Linux you must have the little endian firmware installed.
Also you must have two extra floppies with the HAL and driver in order to
install NT; the NT CD is not sufficient.

> Now at first I'd like to install Win NT but maybe later also the Linux
> Operating System.

This is Penguin from Borg, you will be assimilated ;-)