Re: no news == good news?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: no news == good news?
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 09:33:13 +0100
On Sat, Nov 15, 1997 at 11:05:16PM -0500, Ryan wrote:
> It seems there's been very little traffic on this list lately;  I suppose
> school and work has us all busy.

It's also that the traffic of this small list has a bit moved to
linux@engr.sgi.ocm.

> Anyway, I'm about to acquire a second MIPS machine soon -- a NeTpower box
> with an R4400 75mhz and some (apparently) custom boards - a SCSI
> controller and a Prograph 1280 24-bit video card.  The problem may be that
> it will be difficult to find docs for the hardware.  The video card

If I remember right the SCSI of the box is the normal NCR SCSI 53C9x
hostadapter just like in the Mips Magnum 4000.

> manufacturer was a company called MediaVision, which has gone out of
> business (according to NeTpower tech support).  If anyone knows anything
> about the NeTpower MIPS line, please do a cat brain > mail \
> linux-mips@fnet.fr =).
>
> BTW, is anyone considering X support for the MIPS line?  And how is the
> DECstation port progressing?

In fact there has even been worked on X support.  We've got client libraries
(I did the work, lost it on a disk crash and Miguel reimplemented it ...
Thanks Miguel!)

DECstation ...  Sorry, no progress.  I was hoping to get a set of docs into
my fingers which would have got the DECstation guys back on the hacking
track but so far not success ...