More Linux/SGI status

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: More Linux/SGI status
From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 17:41:38 -0500
Hello guys,

   Ralf's fixes to the dynamic linker fixed the Xt applications.  Now,
only the PAM remains to be fixed.

   So, where do we stand now?  So, the only bits missing now are:

        1. me finishing the support for the X server.  just a hack
           here and there.

        1.b. Getting the other important bits of the RRM code in the
           kernel.

        2. me fixing the mouse.

        3. Would it be possible to negotiate with SGI management
           the posibility of shipping the IRIX runtime libraries and
           the X server as found on IRIX with a Linux disrtibution?

        4. A nice, easy-to use install program.  Taking the existing
           Red Hat/Mustand install program and port it should be
           pretty easy.

Cheers,
Miguel.