Re: Linux/MIPS for DECstations...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux/MIPS for DECstations...
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@cobaltmicro.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 23:44:38 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: afritz@iname.com
Hi all,

> > >I began another round of re-integration with what was then the main
> > >tree, which is now out of date.  I feel I should do that in order to
> > >be able to hand it over cleanly.
> >
> > Is that the 2.1.14 set available on your web page?
>
> Yep.

I'd like to mention that due to popular demand (Some commercial embedded
projects just didn't choose Linux/MIPS because there was no "stable"
release 2.0 available) I'm working on backporting most of the MIPS
stuff implemented for 2.1.x back to 2.0.30+.  I hope to get it stable
this week, at least that is the deadline I'm imposing on myself ...
That should also give you DECstation people some slowly moving source
base to start from.

> > I just tried it on my 5k/25 and got all the way to a page fault in the
> > swapper! (39.01 Bogos!)  Much farther along than I thought. :)
>
> Yay!  Yes, there was a spurt of good work in the first few months of
> the year, when I integrated lots of code from various people, cleaned
> up lots of other code, *and* wrote new code too!

Could you guys tell me, in which routine the kernel actually died?  It
might be that I can fix things very easily.

> > I might be able to handle co-cooridation of the project.  Just what
> > is the proper way to subscribe to the Linux/MIPS mailing list?  I
> > got a couple of subscription confirmed messages over a year ago and
> > have never recieved any other messages!

Subscription is handled manually be me and a couple of other people.
That's a Majordomo mailing list, but nobody is using that list.  The
only actually active mailing lists are:

    linux-mips-request@fnet.fr) or me.