Re: would like to help ..

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr, shm@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: would like to help ..
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@cobaltmicro.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 23:54:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

> Have a crummy r3k indigo at home .. willing to use it for any porting
> help I can supply ..
>
> give me a task ..

Well, things for R3k machines aren't as easy as they look.  The key
thing for porting a operating system within a sane time is documentation
and I'd not wonder if that is no longer available.  I sent a query
regarding documentation for these old machines, maybe somebody still
has some paper or files around.

Also SGI has it's own Linux mailing list for porting linux to their
machines.  You as an SGI engineer can subscribe to the 'linux' list
by sending mail to majordomo@engr.

> WARRIOR's AGAINST SPAM UNITE :- Send email to the address in the
> signature

Make a notch in your keyboard for Cyberpromo, they currently seem
to have a bit of trouble ...