Re: DS3100

To: dittman@hibernia.dseg.ti.com (Eric Dittman)
Subject: Re: DS3100
From: paul@softway.com.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 08:03:03 +1000 (EST)
Eric,

> Paul, I have a DECstation 3100 I was hoping to use with Linux.
> Unfortunately, I no longer have room for the 3100 and need to
> dispose of it.  I don't want to trash it, since it does work (16MB
> RAM, mono VFB module).  I want to give it away for the price of
> shipping.  I don't, however, want to give it to just anyone; I want
> the 3100 to go to where it would do the most good.  Any ideas?

I have cc'd in the Linux/MIPS mailing list, as this is probably the
best source of "deserving bodies" who might actually be able to do
something with it.

I would further qualify things by saying that I think a free box like
this should go to someone who is both capable of doing kernel work on
it, and has some time to devote to the project.  I'd be happy if
someone on the mailing list knows someone like this who could be
brought into the project with the donation of this hardware.

The hardware is:

> This is just the box; no cables, keyboards, mice, monitors, disks,
> etc.  I'm guessing that shipping would cost about $20US (for US
> destinations).
>
> Eric Dittman                Raytheon TI Systems - Component Test Facility
> dittman@hibernia.dseg.ti.com                               (972) 462-4292
> Disclaimer:  Not even my opinions.  I found them by the side of the road.

We'll see what we can do!!

Warmest regards,
Paul