Re: Task list --preliminary list

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@cobaltmicro.com>
Subject: Re: Task list --preliminary list
From: Eric Kimminau <eak@cygnus.detroit.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 06:48:23 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr, miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx, linux@fir.engr.sgi.com
Sender: eak@cygnus.detroit.sgi.com
Ralf Baechle wrote:

> > PRI 10
> > Howto updated so it show how to take a system currently running IRIX and
> > get it to a point where it is running Linux. I know it isn't truly
> > development work, but Ive been stuck with a non-functional Indy for most
> > of a month.My problems seem to be related to trying to NFS boot off of a
> > remote XFS file system but I could be wrong. I haven't grabbed the
> > latest kernel to try so that could resolve my issue.
>
> This issues might have been resolved by Miguel's latest CVS commit.
> Your NFS problems might also have been cause by the VFS rewrite which
> was essentially turning the filesystems into an inferno for a limited
> time.
>
>   Ralf

Agreed. Im going to re-try boot later this afternoon with the new
kernel.

--
Eric Kimminau                           System Engineer/RSA
eak@detroit.sgi.com                     Silicon Graphics, Inc

                 VNet Extension - 6-327-4455
              "I speak my mind and no one else's."
       http://www.dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/perl-rsa-sig.html

    When confronted by a difficult problem, solve it by reducing
    it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"