DEC3100 & Linux

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: DEC3100 & Linux
From: "Louis M. Seigal" <louis@merchant.stockton.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:28:34 -0400 (EDT)
Linux-Mips,

I would appreciate it greatly if you could anwser a few questions of mine.

I have three or so DEC3100 Machine available to me to use as I please.  I'd
very much like to run Linux on these machines but I'm not really sure if I
can.  They are all running ULTRIX currently.

1.) Can you run Linux on a DEC3100 machine?
2.) How does one initially install Linux onto an existing DEC3100 machine
via the network off of another DEC3100 machine?

Those are a few of the basic ones, would appreciate any assistance.  The few
web pages about the DEC3100 port and MIPS aren't greatly understood by me.
I have run a Linux 486i system for a bit, I'm a student and i still have a
lot to learn.

Louis

||                                     ||          "Dance to the sun         ||
|| louis@merchant.stockton.edu         ||         a kiss to the earth        ||
|| http://loki.stockton.edu/~stk3127/  ||           embrace a stone"         ||
||                                     ||         -=Natalie Merchant=-       ||