DECstation 3100.

To: "'linux-mips@fnet.fr'" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: DECstation 3100.
From: Regan Russell <Regan@bde.com.au>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 97 11:40:00 S
Cc: "'linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu'" <linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu>
Encoding: 21 TEXT
Hi, I have a heap (12+) of UNIX kernel internal books, two books on
R2000/3000 assembler, two on UNIX device drivers and a 3100.
I used the MIPS simulator xspim in the RISC classes at university.
I want to contribute something to linux. Where/how can I start ?

On a separate note, we have one dead 3100 and one running Ultrix.
The dead one starts with

??

>From what I can gather from the comp.unix.ultrix FAQ this is a SCSI
problem.
I've played with the termination, put the drive in another machine, etc.
I have yet to check cables and motherboard, is this definately a
SCSI problem ?

Regan Russell BSc.
regan@bde.com.au  (Brilliant Digital Entertainment - Work)
rrussell@c2.telstra-mm.net.au (One mega-bit cable modem at home)