Re: Help! got stuck on the DS2100/3100

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Help! got stuck on the DS2100/3100
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 05:38:29 +0200 (MET DST)
> Hi there,
> I had some time these days to do some work on the DS2100/3100 port.
> I found 2 scheduling hazards in the macros SAVEALL and RESTOREALL, after
> this fix the memory sizing routine runs well.

Could you please mail me a patch for the hazards?

> Now I got stuck in kernel_entry, when the bss is cleaned. There are two
> adresses _edata and _end, which are set by the linker as I understand. On
> my machine these are both zero, but they shouldn't be, I think.

Yes, they should not be zero.  I suppose the way you are building the
executable is beyond what the binutils can handle.  Maybe you should
try to use the elf2ecoff program from Milo.  This solved the problems
with the binutils for building Milo; it will probably also solve your
problem.  After all it was stolen from the PMAX port of *BSD :-)